I am still reeling from how epically horrible the Game of Thrones series finale was. Given that I’ve been following the show religiously ever since its inception, I’m scarred for life. The series ended with many unexplained plots. Consider this rant my way of coping with the disaster of a finale!
- We got dragged through this dreary Faceless Men plot with Arya throughout season five and six, only for her to use the trick ONCE! Arghhh!!!
- We were led to Jon Snow’s big reveal of being the secret son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. But, what was the point when all he did was join the Night’s Watch in the end?? Talk about back to square one!
- In the final episode of season 7, what was the point of having Tyrion stand outside Jon and Daenerys’ room looking sad and disappointed? We all assumed that Tyrion was in love with Daenerys. Dinklage even tossed us a tidbit of Tyrion having the hots for Dany in an interview.
- “I’m going to go now” became one of the best meme worthy GOT scenes. When Bran went into three-eyed-raven mode during the intense battle with the White Walkers on ‘The Long Night’ episode, I was naive enough to assume that he went somewhere in the past or present to lead us eventually to a big plot twist in the final episode. But NO! Turns out it was for nothing. sigh!
- Remember this big-fat prophecy made by Kinvara, a Red Priestess, about Daenerys? Yep, once again, for no flipping reason! Nonetheless, it really makes no sense why so many characters believed Danaerys made a brilliant leader, let alone competent. It would be more convincing if they were just like, “well, who else has dragons?”
- Can someone please tell me why Jon Snow had to come back from the death just to abdicate the throne and be banished for life in the end???
- This one gets personal. I have loved each and every single one of the Stark siblings. All I wanted for them (atleast the ones alive) was that they all have a happily-ever-after TOGETHER! But NAHHH, all of them went their separate ways. Argh!!! #FacePalm.