Left handed people facts revealed and one of the many things that are fascinating in life, at least to me are left handed people. Left handed people are rare and unusual. Did you know that only about 12% of the world’s population are left handed? Somehow left handed people seem more attractive and mysterious. We’ve found that there are certain attributes to lefties that nobody would have probably known like for example the word “left” comes from the Anglo-saxon word “lyft” which means broken or weak. So, this could mean that there was some kind of stigma attached to being a left handed person.
Here are some of the most fascinating and maybe odd things about lefties that you didn’t know:
1. Left handed people tend to use the right side of their brain. People who use the right side of their brain are characterised as creative, innovative and often random too.
2. About 5 to 10 % of the world’s population is left handed.
3. They are good at sports like tennis, swimming, boxing etc.
4. They can adjust their eyes underwater better than right handed people.
5. Some of the world’s top tennis players are left-handed.
6. If you believe in statistics, then left handed college graduates are expected to be 26% richer than right-handed graduates.
7. They are also 3% more likely to become alcoholics.
8. More than 30 million people living in the United States are left handed. Now we know why they had many left handed Presidents.
9. Using only the left hand and normal hand positioning on a keyboard, the longest words that can be typed are sweater, dresses and tesseradecades.
10. 1/4 Apollo astronauts were left handed.
11. According to studies, left handed people are more talented in math, architecture and spatial awareness.
12. They even have a day to themselves. August 13 is Left-Handers Day.
13. As mentioned above there was a stigma to being left handed. It used to be associated with criminality also but now it is more commonly associated with creativity and musical skills.
14. A child born to a woman over 40 is 128% more likely to be left handed compared to a child born of a woman in her 20s.
15. Some of the world’s most famous killers were left handed like Jack The Ripper, The Boston Strangler and Osama Bin Laden.
16. There are more chances that a left handed person will become ambidextrous than a person whose dominant hand is the right hand.
17. They are also more susceptible to allergies and asthma.
18. Research shows that left-handers often outperform right-handers at fast or difficult tasks involving a large amount of information such as skilled driving, flying jet fighter or playing intense video games etc.
Leonardo da Vinci / Albert Einstein / Angelina Jolie / Prince William / Robert Redford / Bill Gates/ Steve Jobs/ Sarah Jessica Parker / Mark Zuckerberg / Justin Bieber / Barack Obama / Bill Clinton / George Bush senior / Ronald Reagan / Benjamin Franklin / Isaac NewtonCharlie Chaplin / Nikola Tesla / Walt Disney/ Keanu Reeves / Jerry Seinfeld / Nicole Kidman / Jennifer Lawrence / Brad Pitt / Julia Roberts / Bill Clinton / Lady Gaga / Bruce Willis / Hugh Jackman / Lisa Kudrow / Morgan Freeman / Diane Keaton / Mark Wahlberg / Richard Branson /Tom Cruise / Mother Teresa / Tim Allen / Robert De Niro / Matthew Broderick / Jeremy Renner / Oprah Winfrey / John Slattery / Ben Stiller / Emma Thompson / Paul McCartney / Dale Earnhardt, Jr. / Jay Leno / Demi Moore / Prince Charles / Scarlett Johansson / Celine Dion / Jay Leno / Martina McBride / Drew Carey / Matt Lauer / Whoopi Goldberg / Richard Simmons / Jon Stewart / Goldie Hawn / Ron Perlman / Pierce Brosnan / Teri Hatcher / Kevin Richardson / Henry Ford / David Rockefeller / Dan Aykroyd / Amar Bose / David Bowie / John D. Rockefeller / Spike Lee / January Jones / Eminem / Ashley Tisdale/ Dennis Quaid / Ed O’Neill / A.J. McLean / Stan Lee / James Cameron / Niall Horan / Greg Kinnear / David Letterman / Jim Carrey / Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen and list goes on and on.