Our mind is an interesting place, it gives and make us feel countless experiences. Some experiences are driven by fear and anxiety which always makes us uncomfortable. What you fear might be the strength of another person, the Phobia level differs from person to person.
A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, defined by a persistent and excessive fear of an object or situation. Phobias can be divided into different phobias, depending on a person behavior and mental state. The most common are fear of spiders, fear of snakes, and fear of heights.
But there are some weird Phobias which some people have and we all think how these even exits.
Let’s check out the list of Weird Phobias and who knows you might have one!
- Spectrophobia or catoptrophobia: kind of specific phobia involving a morbid fear of mirrors, sometimes related to the fear of ghosts or the undead. This sounds quite scary, imagine looking at mirrors and seeing something else.
- Arachibutyrophobia: Fear of peanut butter sticking to the upper side of the mouth. This sounds weird but sad for people who cannot eat peanut butter because of this phobia.
- Turophobia: Fear of Cheese. This is interesting because what a yummy cheese can do to you. But if you have phobia of it then the person suffering from it knows better.
- Hylophobia or xylophobia, ylophobia, and dendrophobia: Fear of Wood or Trees. Imagine someone having this Phobia lands up in a jungle.
- Allodoxaphobia: Fear of opinions. This is a rare Phobia because not many people suffer this Phobia as it relates to past events which may be the case with everyone.
- Optophobia: Fear of opening eyes. In this world there are people who are scared to open their eyes.
- Didaskaleinophobia: The fear of school. Surely many kids must be suffering from this Phobia.
- Alektorophobia: Intense fear of chickens. Quite weird.
- Papaphobia: Fear of the Pope. This phobia is very rare but usually develops when you have fear or have a strong sense of hostility towards saints or religious beliefs.
- Nostophobia: Fear of returning home.
- Alliumphobia: Fear of garlic.
- Ablutophobia: Fear of bathing and cleaning. This quite challenging for to keep yourself clean and disrupt your life.
- Arithmophobia: Fear of numbers.
- Plutophobia: Fear of money or wealth.
- Eleutherophobia: Fear of freedom.
- Geliophobia: Fear of laughter.
- Chronophobia: Fear of time.
- Coulrophobia: Fear of clowns.
- Dikephobia: Fear of justice.
- Galiophobia or Gallophobia or Francophobia: Fear of France or French culture.
- Gynephobia or Gynophobia: Fear of women.