Bed Bugs can give nightmares to almost everyone. Their presence can give you sleepless nights and the most difficult part is that its not easy to eliminate them. Cimex lectularius, the common bed bug, is the best known bed bug as it prefers to feed on human blood. Most of these parasitic bugs feed on human blood!! Eww, right?
Here are some of the shocking things you should know about bed bugs
1. As their names suggest they mostly live in your beds. Warms houses, cozy warm beds are heaven for bed bugs. They can be inside the bed, bedding etc. So better watch out!
2. They are especially active in the night time. They look for us in the night, and astonishingly feed on us without being noticed. Creepy.
3. They have survived eradication by the Governments in various countries due to developing pesticide development and can be found almost all corners of the earth.
4. A fertilized female bed bug is capable of laying three to four eggs in a days continuously during its lifetime. More than 500 eggs can be laid by one female bed bug.
5. It takes only few minutes for a bed bug to suck the blood out of our body. As this usually happens in the night, no wonder they remain undetected.
6. They have perfected the art of hiding since they can remain in your bed almost undetected. You would be surprised to know that they can live there for almost five months without having anything.
7. If you were thinking to just throw away your furniture to get rid of these bed bugs, the sad news is, this won’t help you. The bed bugs would soon be transferred to the new furniture. And these little blood suckers can be found in any time of furniture and not limited to beds.
8. So are they dangerous? Yes, they are dangerous as continuous biting by these bugs can cause blood infection. And continuous exposure to them can lead to serous health problems.
9. People who suffers from bed bugs, get the feeling that they are around in the house even if they are not there.
10. The fear is so much at some people recite this before they go to sleep : “Good night, sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite”.
So, now that we are sure we don’t want them in our houses, how do we get rid of them ?